Oklahoma State Law Regarding Masks Coercion, Intimidation and Harassment
Oklahoma State Law Dictates How We Conduct Ourselves While Wearing A Mask
2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
21-1301. Masks and hoods - Unlawful wearing of - Exceptions.
Universal Citation: 21 OK Stat 21-1301 (2014)
It shall be unlawful for any person in this state to wear a mask, hood or covering, which conceals the identity of the wearer during the commission of a crime or for the purpose of coercion, intimidation or harassment; provided, the provisions of Section 1301 et seq. of this title shall not apply to the pranks of children on Halloween, to those going to, or from, or participating in masquerade parties, to those participating in any public parade or exhibition of an educational, religious or historical character, to those participating in any meeting of any organization within any building or enclosure wholly within and under the control of said organization, and to those participating in the parades or exhibitions of minstrel troupes, circuses or other amusements or dramatic shows. Any person, or persons, violating the provisions of this section, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) nor more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not exceeding one (1) year, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
Added by Laws 1923-24, c. 2, p. 2, 1. Amended by Laws 2007, c. 344, 1, eff. July 1, 2007.
Oklahoma 2014 Title-21 Secion 21-1301
Four Tulsa County Face Covering Ordinance Signed By Mayor Bynum Feel Free To Click This Link
Coercion Title, Defnition of coerce Merriam-Webster
Merriam Webster - Coerce
- 1 : to compel to an act or choice, was coerced into agreeing, abusers who coerce their victims into silence
- 2 : to achieve by force or threat coerce compliance coerce obedience
- 3 : to restrain or dominate by force
Harassment- Definition of harass - Merriam-Webster
Merriam Webster - Harass
- 1a : exhaust, fatigue I have been harassed with the toil of verseï¿½ William Wordsworth
- b(1) : to annoy persistently was harassing his younger brother
- (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct was being harassed by her classmates claims that the police were unfairly harassing him
- 2 : to worry and impede by repeated raids
Intimidation - Definition of intimidate - Merriam-Webster
Merriam Webster - Intimidate
- : to make timid or fearful : frighten especially : to compel or deter by or as if by threats tried to intimidate a witness.